Valentine's Day is just around the corner, so what do you have planned? Dinner? Flowers? Candy? Although these are all nice ideas, this year, get creative and give a unique gift or plan something memorable. Whether you are celebrating with your love, children, parents, or friends, try one of these fun ideas they are sure to remember.
- Cook a meal together. You can be cute and cook heart-shaped pasta or opt for something fancy like a five-course meal. Decide on your menu well in advance so you can get all the ingredients ahead of time. Preparing together will be half the fun.
- Pamper yourselves. Plan some time at the spa to get a couples massage or grab your girlfriends and get mani/pedis. Unwind with the ones you care about.
- Plan a Netflix marathon. Put aside some time and watch your favorite movie or series together. Order some pizza or make some fun appetizers to eat while you watch.
- Exchange an interesting gift. Perhaps a funky pair of earrings for her and a Squiddledee Tie for him. Kids might like some fun wall art or cool headphones. Send your parents a fruit basket or have the kids make a special craft.
- Go shopping. Head to your favorite mall, outdoor shopping center or antique mart and leisurely window shop, or buy something special for yourself.
- Read a book together or alone. Pull out your favorite love story and enjoy it again, or try something new. Pick up a cute Valentine's Day book to read with your kids, or find a few love poems and read them to your spouse.
Valentine's Day doesn't have to be over-the-top, and it doesn't have to cost a lot of money. If you get to spend time with the people you love, consider it a great day.