When it comes to having a good sense of style, you don't have to break the bank or buy everything that is trendy. There are several things you can do to amp up your game without looking like you're trying too hard. Before you go out and buy a whole new wardrobe, consider cultivating these habits to boost your style.
- See your barber once a month for a trim and close shave. Grooming is important. Your new suit won't get a second look if your hair is unkempt or dated. Find a barber you trust, and make appointments a priority.
- Splurge on a few luxury specialty items. If you come across a high-quality timeless piece, it's worth the investment. Even if it's pricey, it will last you for years, and it will pay for itself in compliments.
- Find a reliable tailor. Nothing looks better than clothing that fits you perfectly. Build a relationship with a tailor you trust and your clothing is sure to make a statement. Whether you need to hem your pants or take in a shirt, a good tailor is a must-have.
- Shop often, but buy rarely to keep up with trends. Stroll through your favorite stores to see what is new. Think before you buy anything, especially if an item is too trendy and has a short shelf life. Be smart about taking too many fashion risks, and consider your job, your body type, and your lifestyle when you decide to go for it.
- Follow a few fashion bloggers whom you admire. Visit their sites once a week to keep up with what's popular. You will get different perspectives and a lot of good ideas.
- Take pride in your closet. If you treat your clothing with respect, it shows. Use quality hangers to hang your suits and a tie rack to keep your Squiddledee Ties organized. At least once a year, clean out your closet and purge things that are dated and make space for new pieces. Donate when you can.
You don't have to be a trendsetter to be stylish. Whether you're sporting a suit or jeans and a T-shirt, look for ways to incorporate your personality. More often than not, a confident guy is a stylish guy.
Squiddledee Ties are the ultimate conversation starter! Click here to shop our collection.