Known for more than just good manners, sweet tea, and grits, the South has a lot of charm. From quaint historic cities like Charleston to thriving metropolitan cities like Charlotte, millions of people live and work in the South. Many male Southern business professionals have their own sense of style that stands out from the rest. Here are some tips to create your own Southern style wherever you may live.
- A Southern gentleman always owns a classic suit that fits perfectly. Traditional colors like navy and gray are always in fashion. Tailoring is a must to pull off a perfect fit. Since the climate is warmer in the South, there is flexibility in fabrics.
- The striped Oxford button-down is a staple for Southern men. Worn with a suit and tie or a pair of jeans, the striped Oxford is versatile. Again, fit is important, so invest in a few well-fitted shirts and they will last a long time.
- Stylish neckwear should replace wide and shiny chain-store ties. Pick a few unique ties from Squiddledee to showcase your personality and add a pop of color. Pair with an Oxford shirt and jeans for a casual look or with a suit for a more formal look.
- A great pair of jeans will serve you well. Fit and color are important, so be sure to try on a few pairs to see what looks best. Stick with the darker denim, as it can be dressed up easier and looks sharp. Go for quality over quantity.
- Shoes will pull your look together. Invest in shoes that are well made and versatile if you are on a budget. This way you can get away with wearing them with more outfits. If you're a boot kind of guy, opt for something subdued instead of a flashy cowboy boot.
Southern style is classic. You can't go wrong with traditional pieces that will age with you. When you accessorize with trendy pieces, but keep your overall look classic, it's a win-win. Update your wardrobe by making small changes a little at a time.
Southern men love ties. Click here to shop our amazing collection